Saturday, December 4, 2010

Letters of Inquiry

Kasey McLaughlin-Price
201 West Louisiana Avenue
Nampa, ID  83686


The Asia Foundation
P.O. Box 175
Kabul, Afghanistan

To whom it may concern:

I am a student at the College of Western Idaho and I am currently doing a research project on the women of Afghanistan.   I have been so saddened by my research on the intolerable conditions of Afghan women.  My heart breaks for the abuse they have seen and endured.  As an American woman who lives in a society where my rights are protected, I am saddened by the unbearable conditions that these women face.  I am writing to you today to ask what I can do, as an American, to help?  I fear that Americans are uneducated about their conditions and are unaware of the abuse.  What can we do to raise awareness and bring the Afghan woman into light?  I realize that there are many people around the world, like you, who are constantly working to do this.  I honor your effort and energy and realize that changing a whole society’s views is a difficult uphill battle.  What are some of your efforts that are taking place to help the women of Afghanistan and are you seeing any change?  I read about some women rejoining the work community, starting their own businesses.  I wonder about the challenges they face and if they fear for their lives?  I have also read about their protests and believe that women who are standing up to terror and are putting themselves on the line for freedom are truly the heroes of their nation and our world. 

I deeply thank you for any time that you spend in reply and would be so grateful for any feedback that you could give.   I will never forget the women of Afghanistan and truly hope that their power will someday be given back.  Please let me know if there is anything that we can do as Americans, besides our military presence, to end this battle and give the Afghan women a chance for freedom.

Sincerely,

Kasey McLaughlin-Price



Kasey McLaughlin-Price
201 West Louisiana Avenue
Nampa, ID  83686
Congressman Walt Minnick
33 E. Broadway Avenue, Ste. 251
Meridian, ID  83642

Dear Congressman Minnick,

I am a student at the College of Western Idaho and I am currently doing a research project on gender equality in America.  I would be honored if you could take the time out of your busy schedule to answer a few of my questions.  In doing my research, I found that many women are struggling to balance their personal and professional lives.  Women in America are statistically paid less and many female college graduates are receiving degrees in lower-paying fields than men.  I was wondering if there are any actions taking place in Idaho that educate women on the benefits of a not only a college education but also about the opportunities available to them to receive education in high-paying fields like science and technology?  Not only have I noticed that women are failing in receiving education in high-paying fields, but also that there is a lack of family-friendly policies in the workplace.  Is there any effort taking place that makes companies aware of this problem?  What is your view on the future for women in Idaho?  I would be grateful for your opinion on the direction of these issues and any awareness that you can raise that would benefit the women in our state.   Women are not only lacking the education to prosper, but are also responsible for educating the next generation on how to survive in our suffering economy. 

I would be so grateful for any feedback that you could give me and for any effort on your part to increase awareness.  You are the voice for the people of Idaho and have the capability to reach the citizens of our state.  It is a big responsibility that we have afforded you and I would be appreciative for any time you could take to help the struggling women of Idaho and our country.


Sincerely,


Kasey McLaughlin-Price

          

No comments:

Post a Comment